The ability of the human body to produce hormones can decline and become imbalanced with age. Surgical procedures and long periods of stress can cause hormones to become unstable as well. However, the body’s need for hormones still remains. Hormone replacement can be used to help maintain the proper functioning of the body. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy or BHRT can restore a hormone balance through the use of plant-derived hormone precursors that have been modified to become structurally identical as what the human body makes. These hormones include estrogens, progesterone, and the androgens (i.e. testosterone and DHEA). Each hormone has a multitude of functions in the body. Some of these include helping with memory, promoting weight loss/gain, improving sleep, increasing energy levels, raising libido, regulating body temperature, and maintaining moisture of the skin. Finding the right balance of these hormones for each woman is essential for optimal benefits.
Interested in BHRT?
What are the Medical Pharmacy’s Steps to a Perfect Hormone Balance?
- Learn about BHRT. Hormone Seminars are held periodically at Medical Pharmacy.
- Have your hormone levels tested. Saliva testing is preferred. Testing is available at our locations.
- Fill out the online questionnaire. Use the follow-up form if you have filled out full form and had a consultation previously.
- Schedule and meet with consultant pharmacist to review results and develop plan. Recommendation will be sent to prescriber for approval.
- Start on new medication.
- Follow-up with your consultant after 8 weeks and then annually if no adjustments needed.
At Medical Pharmacy, our pharmacists are experts in the field of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). Over the years they have worked alongside patients and their doctors making thousands of BHRT recommendations and have been very effective in helping patients balance their hormones and thereby improving their health and well-being. We believe the key to our program’s success is based upon our desire and willingness to listen to our patients and provide truly unique solutions to their individual needs.